Printing Resources &
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best colour setting to use for rich black or solid black?
For our presses, use 100% K and make sure you’re working in a CMYK colour space.
How much bleed do you recommend?
We recommend using 1/8″ bleed for all edges that require it.
What colour settings are best for printing on your presses?
We recommend CMYK for best results.
What types of paper can I choose from?
There is a long list of paper’s we can print on each of our presses, here is the short list and the most popular options that we stock on our floor.
- Text Weights in offset – 50 lb, 60 lb, 70 lb, 80 lb, 100 lb
- Text Weights in coated gloss and silk – 80 lb, 100 lb
- Cover Weights in offset – 65 lb, 80 lb, 100 lb, 130 lb
- Cover Weights in coated gloss and silk – 80 lb, 100 lb, 120 lb, 130 lb
Do you help with ISBN numbers?
Unfortunately we don’t offer any help with ISBN assignment.
Do you drop ship?
Yes we do, we can handle your book fulfillment also. Just ask for a blind ship or drop ship on your next order.
Do you do rush jobs? Is there an extra charge?
We definitely do rush jobs, and sometimes there may be an extra charge.
What's the spine size for my book?
When you receive a quote for a book that has a printable spine, we’ll let you know what the measurement is so you can format your artwork accordingly.
Do you offer self publishing services?
We don’t offer self publishing services, but we can recommend you to one of our trusted sources.
Can you send me a template?
Absolutely, just get in touch with us and we’ll send you a template for whatever you’re looking to print.
What file types do you accept?
We always ask for PDF, but you can supply Word documents or any type of file, we’ll work with it if we can.
If you’re looking to produce a sample of your book, it’s possible, and in some cases we even recommend it. Sometimes a hard copy is, not easily produceable, given availability of materials or setup costs involved. We can, however, create an accurate depiction of the outcome on a similar paper or use other materials as substitutes to illustrate the final product.
We can always send you samples of past work, free of charge. Just provide the shipping address.
The costs to produce samples are as follows:
Bound proofs – $250 | Unbound proofs – $125
- these costs are non refundable
Hard Copy Proofs Before Production
- No charge, but we will require a 50% deposit on the order before proofs occur. This means you must have an order confirmation/docket in production
Coatings & Laminates Not Included in Samples
- Extra charges may apply if laminate is required or coatings (we can offer past job samples instead, free of charge)